Reaper has a very steep learning curve. However, it provides you with a myriad of customization options. One of which is adjusting how your default project looks when you open up the DAW.
You don’t need to adjust Reaper’s layout every time you open the program. To make your audio recording and editing process as smooth as possible, create a project template that will become your default layout.
Once you have everything looking nice and neat in Reaper, follow these steps to make it your starting point when you open the program:
- Go to File->Project templates
- Choose Save project as template
- Name the project template and Save it
- Go to Options->Preferences->Project
- Click Browse at the top
- Find your project template and Open it
- Click Apply and OK